KANSAS CITY METRO FELONY DUI DEFENSE ATTORNEY LOCATED IN BLUE SPRINGS
First-time misdemeanor DUI is like getting hit by a brick. But there is a whole class of more serious DUI charges that are like a whole wall crashing down on you::
- A second conviction within five years will earn you a year in prison, a fine up to $1,000, and loss of your license for a year.
- A third DUI will label you a “persistent offender,” take your license, sentence you to up to four years in prison and get you a fine up to $5,000. (Class D felony)
- A fourth conviction will label you as an “aggravated offender.” Prison time is now up to seven years. (Class C felony)
- A fifth conviction will label you as a “chronic offender” — five to 15 years in prison. (Class B felony)
You think this can’t happen to you, or that someone with aggravated DUI or multiple offenses deserves what they get. But these offenses, which could be no more than a drink at an anniversary or graduation party 10 years apart, can actually happen to anybody who’s unlucky enough to be pulled over.
What do you do when you’re facing felony DUI charges? You find a lawyer with an outstanding record for dismissals and acquittals — Troy J. Leavitt of Blue Springs, Missouri.
Attacking The Prosecution’s Case
Troy Leavitt knows that DUI defense is almost a game in which the attorney questions every aspect of the prosecution’s case — reasonable cause, search and seizure, Fourth Amendment violations, inadmissible evidence — until the case against you collapses.
He is up to date and conversant with the latest:
- Field sobriety test errors
- Drug DUI
- Advanced Intoxilyzer and Breathalyzer technology
- Options following failure to take the breath test
- Driver’s license suspension and revocation
- Ignition interlock agreements
- Minors driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Vehicular homicide
- Voluminous DUI/DWI case law and precedents
- Other serious traffic violations
You cannot afford to be convicted on DUI. Give yourself the benefit of one of Blue Springs’s top felony DUI defense lawyers, Troy Leavitt. He can discuss your legal prospects and the best avenues for fighting the charges against you.
Contact us at (816) 228-6000 to schedule a confidential consultation.